T h e E a r l y W o r l d * 22 December > repetition 29 December > 7-9am.
- Rami Khalifé (Libanon). Label: XANGO music.
- Mombé (Brazilië, Duitsland, Venezuela, Polen en Spanje). Label: own management.
- Boubacar Traoré + Cesaria Evora + Polo Montañez + Bonga & Tito Paris. Label: Lusafrica.
T h e N i g h t W o r l d M u s i c * 29 december 2018 > repetition 5 January 2019 > midnight-7am.
- Jaro Milko & the Cubalkanics (Czech). Label: Jasha! Records (2018), code: JRCD002 (NL: XANGO music).
- Liraz Naz (Iran/Israel). Label: Dead Sea Recordings (2018), code: DSR002 (NL: XANGO music).
- Vesselil (Danmark). Label: GO’Danish Folk Music (2018), code: GO1318.
- Refree (Spanje). Label: tak:til / Glitterbeat (2017-18), code: GBCD169392 (NL: XANGO music).
- Babel - Joce Mienniel (Middle-East-EU-India). Label: Buda Musique (2018), code: 860342 (NL: XANGO music).
- Pau Figueres (Spanje). Label: Satélite K (2018), code: SATKCD248 (NL: XANGO music).
- V. Hovanissian & E. Gültekin (Armenia/Turkey/Greece). Label: Muziekpublique (2018), code: MP10 (NL: XANGO music).
- António Zambujo (Portugal). Label: World Village (2011), code: WVF 479049.
- Richard Galliano (France). Cd. Les Années Milan.
T h e E a r l y W o r l d * 5 January > repitition 12 January > 7-9am.
- Liguria: Baiardo en Imperia from The Alan Lomax Collectie. Label: Rounder (2002), code: 82161-18162.
- Rodopi Ensemble. Label: Arc Music (2018-2019), code: EUCD2822.
P R O D U C T I O N S / Concertzender 2017-2018
C a r i b C a l l i n g
Music from Suriname, Caribbean & South America. A program based on an idea by Noraly Beyer, allowing special guests* to determine their theme & music themselves.
*Special guests: Lydia Emanuels, Marcel Weltak, Henk van Vliet, Robby Harman, Gerda Havertong, Jeffrey Spalburg, Walther Muringen, Vincent Henar, Oscar Harris, Guilly Koster, Edgar Burgos & hostess Noraly Beyer.
P R O D U C T I O N S / Bamm.tv 2011-2014
G l o b a l S c e n e A m s t e r d a m
Producer / local manager for Bamm.tv 's Global Scene Amsterdam.
This live concert series was developed from Bamm’s regular documentary series, which presents the most compelling aspects of the underground and emerging music scenes in the world’s most interesting capital cities.
H i d d e n 2012
Producer BAMM.tv for the documentairy Hidden, about and with the band Jungle by Night
Interviewed at Melkweg and deBalie, followed by their release party concert at Paradiso Amsterdam.
R E T R O S P E C T I E V E 1995 - 1965
I've changed Paris for Amsterdam in early 1995, where I got lucky by my first visite to the most famous pop-temple in town Paradiso. Later that year, I started working for several culture oriented institutions, such as: Eurostage, Orkest & Gehoor, Kunst & Bedrijf, BNA... Last in the row: The John Adams Institute (from co-founder & director Anne Wertheim). I have been the event-coordinator from September 2004 to December 2011. Working with 3 directors: Monique Knapen, Corine Krijgsman and Russell Shorto. Together with the JAI volunteers, we've organized a total of 121 lectures events with the best American (and some English) authors.
Fall 1968, I had to leave the US and went back to Europe, Paris this time. A Dutch theatre -maker I had met there advised me to follow my passion: live music. Thanks to him, I’ve worked for a famous Dutch singer, and later for festivals and theatres with French singers, rock-bands, jazz-musicians & world music artists. I've lived and worked in Paris for 27 years.
In 1966, I went to New York City where I got inspired by the New York City Art & Music Scene. A specially by Bill Graham's Fillmore East on 3th. Avenue. They produced daily concerts with the superstars. Remarkable was the performance of The Doors on March 22, 1967: although they were retarded by the police for more than 45 minutes, they played better than ever before.
I was born on New Years day 1946, in devastated Rotterdam.