ORIENT EXPRESS | 2016 - 2023
* 13 Jan + 18 Jan - Turkey: Meral Polat Trio & Olcay Bayir.
* 10 Feb + 15 Feb - China/Senegal: Gao Hong/Kadialy Kouyate. India: Baluji Shrivastav, Linda Shanovits & Chris Conway.
P R O D U C T I O N S | Radio Concertzender | 2017 - 2023
WANDERING AROUND JEWISH MUSIC | 2020 - 2023
* 15 Jan + 20 Jan: The band SHIR and their album Ashk’Farad : Klezmer and Ladino.
* 19 Feb + 24 Feb: The Klezmer Society new album: Dos Klezmer Shifl - part 1.
* 19 Mar + 24 Mar: The Klezmer Society new album: Dos Klezmer Shifl - part 2.
WANDERING AROUND JEWISH MUSIC with the Amsterdam Klezmer Band
Celebrating their 25th anniversary at the Concertzender in 2022.
* 19 Jun + 24 Jun: Job Chajes, saxophonist / co-founder AKB.
* 17 Jul + 22 Jul : Joop van der Linden, trombonist.
* 21 Aug + 27 Aug: Alec Kopyt, percussion / vocals.
* 18 Sep + 23 Sep: Gijs Lévelt, trumpet player.
* 16 Oct + 21 Oct : Theo van Tol, accordionist.
* 20 Nov + 25 Nov: Janfie van Strien, clarinetist.
* 18 Dec + 23 Dec: Jasper de Beer, bass / guitar / banjo / vocals.
CARIB CALLING | 2017 - 2018
Music from Suriname, Caribbean and South America. A program based on an idea by Noraly Beyer around special guests who could determine their theme and music themselves.
Participants: Lydia Emanuels | Marcel Weltak | Edgar Burgos | Gerda Havertong | Oscar Harris | Walter Muringen | Robert-Harman Sordam | Vincent Henar | Guilly Koster | Henk van Vliet | Jeffrey Spalburg.
P R O D U C T I O N S | BAMM.TV | 2011-2014
GLOBAL SCENE AMSTERDAM
Production / local manager for Bamm.tv 's Global Scene Amsterdam. This live concert series was developed from Bamm’s regular documentary series, which presents the most compelling aspects of the underground and emerging music scenes in the world’s most interesting capital cities.
Production for the Hidden documentary, about and with the band Jungle by Night Interviewed at Melkweg and De Balie, followed by their release party concert at Paradiso Amsterdam.
R E T R O S P E C T I V E | 2011 - 1946
AMSTERDAM | 1995 - 2011
I've changed Paris for Amsterdam in early 1995, where I got lucky by my first visite to the most famous pop-temple in town Paradiso. Later that year, I started working for several culture oriented institutions, such as: Eurostage, Orkest & Gehoor, Kunst & Bedrijf, BNA...
Last in the row: The John Adams Institute from co-founder & director Anne Wertheim (2001-2011).
I have been the event-coordinator from September 2004 to December 2011. Working with 3 directors: Monique Knapen, Corine Krijgsman and Russell Shorto. Together with the JAI volunteers, we've organized a total of 121 lectures events with the best American (and some English) authors and one filmmaker.
PARIS | 1995 - 1968
Fall 1968, I had to leave the US and went back to Europe, Paris this time. A Dutch theatre -maker I had met there advised me to follow my passion: live music. Thanks to him, I’ve worked for a famous Dutch singer, and later for festivals and theatres with French singers, rock-bands, jazz-musicians & world music artists. I've lived and worked in Paris for 27 years.
NEW YORK CITY | 1968 - 1967
In 1966, I went to New York City where I got inspired by the New York City Art & Music Scene. A specially by Bill Graham's Fillmore East on 3th. Avenue. They produced daily concerts with the superstars. Remarkable was the performance of The Doors on March 22, 1967: although they were retarded by the police for more than 45 minutes, they played better than ever before.
ROTTERDAM | 1966 - 1965
My career started in 1965 as cashier at Movie-Theater Lantaren / Venster in the Gouvernestraat in Rotterdam. Where Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita was running during the twelve months I've worked there.
I was born on New Years Day 1946 in devastated Rotterdam.